This course provides an introduction to adult protection and an overview of child protection helping delegates to recognise potential abuse and know what to do if they believe an individual is at risk.
Adults at risk of harm
- Recognise that adult harm is wrong and that it should not be tolerated
- Recognise the signs of harm from abuse, exploitation and neglect
- Reduce opportunities for harm from abuse, exploitation and neglect to occur
- Know how and when to report safeguarding concerns to HSC Trusts or the PSNI including Reporting and Recording procedures.
- Signs and indicators of child abuse and contributory factors
- Reporting procedures/processes
- Record keeping
- Recognise and respond appropriately to child safeguarding issues
- Understand own role and the role of others within their organisation using their safeguarding policies and procedures
The content of this course is in accordance with Northern Ireland Adult Safeguarding Partnership Training Strategy 2016 and the SBNI Child Safeguarding Learning and Development Strategy and Framework 2015 – 2018.Read the full course description