Practice nurses are on the frontline of COPD management, and this affords important opportunities to anticipate and reduce the damage as early as possible. This workshop is aimed at health professionals who manage COPD patients and wish to keep updated on new developments.
"According to estimates from the Office of Health Economics, COPD will be the fourth leading cause of death worldwide and the fifth in more economically developed countries by the year 2030.”
• An overview of COPD guidelines and national strategies and frameworks
• Asthma or COPD the difference
• Aetiology and epidemiology of COPD
• Statistical data
• Diagnosis and assessment of COPD
• What is spirometry and why do we measure this?
• Therapeutic management of COPD
• New evidence for pharmacological management
• Oxygen therapy correct use and changes in management
• Pulmonary rehabilitation
• The management and prevention of COPD exacerbations in primary care