This highly practical 1 day clinical and sports K Taping workshop includes all of the key areas in the use of Kinesiology tape for the effective management of patients suffering from musculoskeletal conditions.
The course is suitable for physiotherapists, osteopaths, chiropractors, sports therapists/practitioners, doctors and final year students.
On completion of the course, participants will be able to confidently apply techniques to a variety of pathologies within a sports and general musculoskeletal setting. All delegates will receive a CPD approved certificate of attendance.
The Kinesio Taping® Method (KTM) is used to:
- Re-educate the neuromuscular system
- Reduce pain
- Support performance
- Prevent injury
- Promote improved circulation and healing
- Improve functional movement and positioning.
- Review muscular anatomy as it is related to K Tape
- Explain and apply the concepts of the K Tape
- Describe the unique qualities of the K Tape.
- Recognise the principles of K Tape application.
- Utilise and demonstrate application skills.
- Practice the various cutting techniques and their clinical application.
- Apply K Tape method to relax and stimulate muscles.
- Apply K Tape methods for pain, swelling, joint mobility and stability.
- Apply various taping techniques for treatment of the spine, and upper/ lower extremity dysfunction.
- Apply various taping techniques for treatment of unique conditions using the concepts and principles of the Kinesio Taping®.