Legal Aspects of Medical & Dental Practice
This course aims to increase the working knowledge of medical and dental professionals on the legal implications of their practice. Changes in regulation of the medical profession, the increased trend to litigation & alterations to the coroners' service have all contributed to a feeling of unease in dealing with medico-legal matters.
- Chairman’s Introduction
- The Coroners System for Northern Ireland
- End of Life Issues
- Consent and Refusal of Treatment, and Statement Writing
- Doctors in the Dock: The do’s and don’ts
- Mr Roy Maxwell, MA LLM MD FRCS -Consultant Colorectal Surgeon – Belfast Trust
- Mr David Sharp- Barrister-at-Law
- Prof Max Watson, MD FRCP- Palliative Care Physician – NI Hospice
- Dr Gillian Clarke, MRCGP- Coroners Medical Officer – Northern Ireland
- Dr Kevin Power, MB ChB LLB - A&L Goodbody Solicitors
- Mr Mark Taylor- Consultant Hepatobiliary Surgeon - Belfast Trust
3 CPD Points
A certificate of attendance will be received upon completion of this course.
||No Upcoming Events. Please contact us if you are interested in taking this course.