This comprehensive course covers the essential topics of first aid for Mixed Martial Arts. It aims to improve the quality of basic first aid provided in the sporting environment and will consist of lectures and practical based scenarios.
- Eye Injuries
- Maxillo Facial Injuries
- Managing Concussion
- Managing Unconsciousness
- Minor Wound Care & Management
- Airway Management, Basic Life Support (BLS) & AED.
Course faculty includes a consultant neurosurgeon, first aid consultants and medical education consultants
9.00am - 11.15am
- Responsibilities of First Aiders
- First Aid Kits
- Accident Forms
- Primary Survey / Secondary Survey Principles Resuscitation
11.15am - 11.30pm - Break
11.30am - 1.30pm
- Wound Identification and Treatment
- Severe Bleeding.
1.30pm - 2.00pm - Lunch
2.00pm - 3.00pm
- Recognition of Head Injuries
- Concussion Recognition
- Concussion Response
- Concussion Prevention Strategies
- Cerebral Compression
- Skull Fractures
- Recognition of Spinal Injuries.
3.00pm - 4.30pm
- Bones, Joints and Muscle Injuries
- Open / closed Fractures / Dislocations
- Ligament and muscle - strains and sprains
- Eye Injuries.