A practical minor suturing skills workshop aimed at GP's, trainee doctors, nurses and AHPS
This half day course will develop knowledge and skills relating to the minor suturing of wounds.
- Classification of wounds
- Types of wound dressings
- Assess a patient and wound before considering the use of sutures
- Aseptic technique and infection control
- Suture technique
- Suture selection
- Complication and practices
- Suture material selection
- Suture practice
- Applying and overview of dressings.
All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.