Personal Safety Awareness
This CPD approved course will explore the challenges that staff may encounter when dealing with aggressive or volatile behaviour. It aims to equip delegates with the key skills required to identify, manage and resolve conflict in the hope that we can help to reduce the number of abusive attacks on staff. It will consist of a series of lectures, group discussions and workshops focusing on self-defence demonstrations and techniques.
These courses can be arranged, on a regular and flexible basis, for collective groups and organisations. Please contact us for more information on bespoke courses, and we will be pleased to meet your requirements.
1. Duration: 3 hours
2. Suitable for: All staff and members of the public
- To develop an understanding of how to deal with problem behaviour effectively, and in a direct but non-confrontational mannner.
- To recognise the potential of good communication skills, both verbal and non-verbal.
- To recognise the different stages of conflict escalation, learn how to conduct a personal safety risk assessment and maintain composure during confrontation.
- To develop a sound knowledge of the legislative framework surrounding difficult situations and any use of force when dealing with conflict.
- To develop a systematic approach to use of force reporting.
- To compare and analyse some of the physiological and psychological aspects a subject may experience when dealing with aggressive behaviour.
Certificate of attendance provided after successful completion of the course.
||No Upcoming Events. Please contact us if you are interested in taking this course.