Our tracheostomy care course aims to familiarise healthcare professionals with the tracheostomy guidelines, raise awareness of the reasons for tracheostomy and ensure staff have sufficient knowledge to work safely around them.
This training course is vital for any staff who come into contact regularly with service users who have a tracheostomy.
By the end of the session the candidates will be able to:
- Familiarise themselves with National Tracheostomy Guidelines.
- Understand reasons for indications for tracheostomy to be performed.
- Recognise and be familiar with the different types of tracheostomy tubes.
- Recognise and treat certain troubleshooting issues e.g. bleeding, blockage etc.
- Care of tube including suctioning.
- Deal with life threatening airway problems using a modified approach in an emergency situation.
Certificate of attendance will be presented upon completion of the course.
||No Upcoming Events. Please contact us if you are interested in taking this course.