This half-day course is delivered by clinical specialists and will equip delegates with the skills and knowledge required to gain competence in venepuncture and peripheral IV cannulation.
- Indications for intravenous cannulation
- Vascular anatomy and physiology
- Veins to select and areas to avoid
- Infection prevention and control
- Legal and professional responsibilities
- Health and safety issues
- Sharps disposal and needle stick injuries
- Cannula size and flow
- Blood collection
- Cannulation care
- Practical – manikin cannulation.
A certificate of attendance will be received upon completion of this course.
||No Upcoming Events. Please contact us if you are interested in taking this course.